Motorcycles are notoriously dangerous and motorcycle accidents can be especially devastating. As a result, it is important to know what to do in the event of an injury. Read on to learn more about motorcycle accidents in Maryland.
How do Motorcycle Accidents Occur?
Motorcycle accidents can occur for a number of different reasons. Some accidents are due to bad weather or poor road conditions. But, for the most part, these accidents are a result of negligence. Some of the most common forms of negligence include:
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driving while drowsy or fatigued
- Smoking or eating while driving
- Texting while driving
- Failing to comply with traffic signs and lights
What do I do if I am Involved in a Motorcycle Accident?
If you are involved in a motorcycle accident, the likelihood is that you are facing serious injuries. As a result, it may not be possible to take all of the following steps, but if you are able to, it is important to:
- Call 911: The police can call an ambulance to the scene and file an accident report.
- Document the scene: Many motorcyclists wear body cameras. This allows them to have footage of an accident, should one occur, which can play a large role in a personal injury case. Additionally, it is important to take pictures and videos at the scene of the accident.
- Obtain witness contacts: If anyone saw your accident occur, you should ask for their contact information, as they may be able to corroborate your version of events.
- Seek medical attention: It is important to go to the hospital immediately after your accident occurs. This will ensure that your injuries are properly treated by a medical professional, while simultaneously providing you with proof of the origin and extent of your injuries.
- Contact a personal injury attorney: An injury can have a major impact physically, mentally, emotionally, and financially. You may deserve compensation to help alleviate these burdens. A dedicated personal injury attorney will fight to recover the compensation you deserve.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident in Maryland, contact our firm to speak with an experienced attorney. We are here to advocate for you and walk you through the process every step of the way.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED MARYLAND FIRM
The legal team at Markey & Orsi has proudly represented injured clients throughout the state of Maryland for almost 30 years. If you have been injured due to another party’s negligence and require strong legal representation, contact Markey & Orsi today to schedule a consultation.