Amy M. Orsi has been an attorney with the firm since 2002 and became partner in 2009. She received her B.A. from the State University of New York at Buffalo in Legal Studies in 1998 and her J.D. from the University of Baltimore School of Law in 2002.
Amy is admitted to practice in Maryland, the United States District Court for the District of Maryland and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit. She is a member of the Baltimore City Bar Association, Baltimore County Bar Association and the American Association for Justice. Amy is also an active member of the Maryland Association for Justice (formerly known as the Maryland Trial Lawyers Association) and is a Past President of the Organization (2020-2021). Amy has served on and co-chaired various committees within the organization, including co-chair of the Auto Negligence Section, Mentor/Mentee Committee and the Education and Programs Committee. She has also appeared as an educational speaker on behalf of the organization and has authored articles for the Trial Reporter, the Organization’s publication. Amy is also a board member of the Maryland Association for Justice Foundation which supports projects that keep families safe and educate the public about the civil justice system.
Amy has been named by her peers as a Super Lawyer since 2015 and a Super Lawyer Rising Star from 2010 – 2015. She has also been selected as a Top 40 under 40 and a Top 100 by the National Trial Lawyers. Amy was recently selected for membership in the Injury Board, an organization comprised of leading trial attorneys throughout the United State and the United Kingdom.
In addition to her professional associations, Amy is also a trained presenter for EndDD.Org (End Distracted Driving), a national campaign presented to students and drivers all over the country to provide a personalized, interaction presentation about the dangers of distracted driving. Amy has also volunteered as judge for the MYLAW (Maryland Youth & the Law) mock trials.
Areas of practice
- Serious personal injury
- Automobile injury claims
- Wrongful death claim
- Drunk driving victim claims
- Tractor-trailer injury claims
- Motorcycle injury claims
- Premise liability claims
- Medical, legal and other professional malpractice
- Landlord/Tenant Law
- General litigation in all state and federal courts
- Maryland, 2002
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, 2004
Professional associations and memberships
- Maryland Association for Justice
- Baltimore City Bar Association
- Baltimore County Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Injury Board
- J.D., University of Baltimore School of Law, Baltimore, MD, 2002
- B.A., SUNY at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY, 1998
Honors and awards
- Super Lawyers – Rising Star, 2010-2014, Maryland
- Super Lawyers 2015 – present, Maryland
- Top 40 under 40 National Trial Lawyers, 2012-2014, Maryland
- Top 100 National Trial Lawyers, 2015 – present, Maryland
- Maryland Association for Justice, Women’s Caucus Award, 2021
- “Using Written Discovery in Auto Negligence Cases”, Maryland Association for Justice, November, 2010.
- “Deposing the Defense Expert, How to Avoid Common Pitfalls”, Maryland Association for Justice, 2015
- “Discovery Techniques for a Defense Expert Witness: Preparing for the Defense Expert Witness Prior to Deposition”, Trial Reporter, Spring 2017 Edition
- “First Party Bad Faith”, Maryland Association for Justice, November, 2020
- “Bad Faith Law in Maryland”, Trial Reporter, Summer 2021 Edition