Truck accidents occur frequently and can cause serious, life-altering injuries. Read on to learn more about how these accidents occur and what to do in the event of an injury.
Types of truck accidents:
The most common types of truck accidents include:
- Head-on collisions
- Rollover accidents
- Blindspot accidents
- Jackknife accidents
- Underride accidents
How do truck accidents occur?
For the most part, these accidents are a result of:
- Reckless driving: If a truck driver drives unsafely, it can be difficult to fully control the vehicle and bring it to a complete stop. The average truck needs the length of about two football entire fields in order to come to a complete stop.
- Safety regulations: Truck drivers may fail to follow safe road regulations if they partake in reckless driving, such as improper lane change, incorrectly passing other vehicles, or following too closely behind other drivers.
- Poor visibility: Because of their weight and size, trucks have limited visibility and cannot see every spot on the road. These blind spots often result in accidents by trapping smaller vehicles.
- Drowsy driving: By law, truck drivers are allowed to work 11 hours within a 14-hour workday, allotting them no more than 70 hours of driving a week. If a driver breaks these laws, he or she may cause an accident by drowsy driving.
- Mechanical problems: Trucks can crash as a result of mechanical issues. This may include tire blowouts, brake issues, breakdowns, and more.
- Impaired Driving: Drinking and driving is incredibly dangerous. If a truck driver gets behind the wheel while intoxicated, serious accidents can occur.
Who can be held responsible for a truck accident?
If you are injured in a truck accident, you most likely deserve compensation to help ease the burdens you face. For example, an injury can lead to physical, financial, and emotional struggles. But, in order to recover compensation, you will have to prove that the accident was a result of negligence. It can be difficult to determine who is at fault- the driver, the company, the manufacturer, the municipality, etc. For this reason, it is important to work with an experienced personal injury attorney. A skilled attorney will help you hold the guilty party accountable.
If you have been injured due to the negligence of another party, our firm will fight for you. Reach out today to discuss your case.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED MARYLAND FIRM
The legal team at Markey & Orsi has proudly represented injured clients throughout the state of Maryland for almost 30 years. If you have been injured due to another party’s negligence and require strong legal representation, contact Markey & Orsi today to schedule a consultation.