The most common causes of car accidents are typically forms of negligence behind the wheel. Continue reading to learn the top five most common causes of car accidents in America, most of which are forms of negligence Learning these behaviors and factors may assist you in making smarter decisions behind the wheel and avoiding an accident of your own.
If you have been injured in a car accident due to another negligent driver, you may be eligible to recover financial compensation. Reach out to ur experienced personal injury attorney today to learn how we can assist you in recovering this compensation.
What are the top 5 most common causes of car accidents?
The top five most common causes of car accidents are as follows:
- Distracted driving: Distracted driving includes any action that requires you to move your focus away from the road. This can be as simple as changing the song you are playing. It is important to maintain your full focus on the road while you are behind the wheel.
- Intoxicated driving: Every day, about 28 people in the United States die in drunk-driving crashes. This means one person passes away every 52 minutes due to drunk driving in America.
- Speeding: Speeding was a factor in 26% of all traffic fatalities in 2019, killing 9,478, or an average of over 25 people per day.
- Texting and driving: Cell phone usage reduces a driver’s attention by as much as 37%.
- Rain: The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration states that rain causes 46% of weather-related car accidents. Wet pavement alone causes 70% of weather-related car accidents.
Can I sue if I was injured in a car accident?
If you were injured in a car accident due to another negligent driver, you may be entitled to compensation by filing a personal injury claim with the assistance of an experienced attorney.
What is the statute of limitations for personal injury car accidents claims in Maryland?
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Maryland is typically three years. This means that you will have three years from the date of your accident to bring attention to your personal injury claim. This time period is important to keep in mind because if you fail to file your claim within this period of time, you may be barred from taking legal action. To get started with this process, give our firm a call today to learn more about our service and to schedule your initial consultation. The sooner you bring attention to your claim, the better.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED MARYLAND FIRM
The legal team at Markey & Orsi has proudly represented injured clients throughout the state of Maryland for almost 30 years. If you have been injured due to another party’s negligence and require strong legal representation, contact Markey & Orsi today to schedule a consultation.