This Labor Day, it is important to consider safety when spending the day at the pool. Unfortunately, pool accidents happen much more than you might think. To keep you and your loved ones safe this holiday, continue reading to learn the top pool safety tips.
Pool Safety Tips to Consider
Swimming is of course fun, but it is important to remember that it comes with safety hazards. Consider the following pool safety tips this holiday to ensure you and your loved ones have a happy and safe Labor Day:
- Do not allow electronic devices near the pool
- Be sure that there is proper covers, alarms, barrier, and fencing surrounding the pool
- Ensure the pool has drain covers
- Ensure that all guests are able to swim property if the pool is too deep for guests to stand comfortably in the water
- When the pool is not in use, stow away portable latter to avoid children from having access to the pool
- Be sure that everyone swimming understands where the shallow parts of the pool start and stop
- Never leave a child unattended in or around the water
- Have someone on the property who can perform CPR if necessary
- Do not swim while intoxicated
Am I eligible for compensation following a pool accident?
Swimming pool accidents happen in and around pools each summer, especially on holidays such as Labor Day. It can be easy to forget the importance of pool safety and how pool accidents can lead to serious injury or even death. If you believe you were injured in a pool accident due to the negligence of the pool owner, you may have a valid premise liability claim.
To achieve financial compensation for your damages, you will need to retain the services of an experienced personal injury attorney who will work to prove that negligence caused your damages in a premises liability claim. They will have to work to prove that the accident was a direct result of the pool owner’s failure to ensure the lawful standard of care and safety. This will be backed by evidence your attorney will gather including photos of the scene of your accident, medical documentation of your injuries, and witnesses to the incident. Contact our experienced Maryland personal injury attorney to learn more about our services and how we can assist you in your upcoming personal injury claim. We would be happy to walk you through the claims filing process ahead.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED MARYLAND FIRM
The legal team at Markey & Orsi has proudly represented injured clients throughout the state of Maryland for almost 30 years. If you have been injured due to another party’s negligence and require strong legal representation, contact Markey & Orsi today to schedule a consultation.