Reach out to our experienced personal injury attorney today to learn if you have a valid personal injury claim after being injured in a parking lot accident. Continue reading to discover the most common causes of parking lot accidents and the steps to take after being injured in an accident in Maryland.
What are the most common causes of parking lot accidents?
The following are the most common causes of parking lot accidents in Baltimore:
- Standing water
- Inadequate security
- Insufficient parking lot lights
What steps should I take following a parking lot accident?
To set yourself up for a successful personal injury claim, should you chose to take legal action in the future, there are a few important steps that you should take after being injured in a parking lot accident:
- Call 911. The police will be able to document the accident by conducting a police report. They will also bring an ambulance to the scene for any injuries that will need to be treated.
- While you wait for the ambulance to arrive, if you can, collect any witnesses’ contact information. This should include their name, number, and email address.
- Take photos of your injuries and the scene of your accidents. Photos should include any damage to vehicles or property as well as any hazards that may have played a part in your incident.
- Collect the insurance information of the other party involved in the accident. Keep this conversation short and polite.
- As the ambulance arrives, it is important that you seek medical assistance even if you do not immediately feel symptoms of an injury.
- Collect all related documentation to your medical treatment. These documents should state the date, time, and severity of your injuries.
- Reach out to an experienced Maryland personal injury lawyer who will work to satisfy the burden of proof to recover the compensation you require to heal. They will also be able to collect further evidence to support your claim including security camera footage of your accident as it happened.
What is the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Maryland?
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Maryland is generally three years. This means that you will have three years to take legal action against the negligent party who was responsible for causing your accident. This is important to understand because failure to file your claim within this period of time may result in you being barred from suing. To get started today, reach out to our experienced personal injury attorney.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED MARYLAND FIRM
The legal team at Markey & Orsi has proudly represented injured clients throughout the state of Maryland for almost 30 years. If you have been injured due to another party’s negligence and require strong legal representation, contact Markey & Orsi today to schedule a consultation.