Seeking medical attention after an injury can play a major role in your personal injury case. Read on to learn more about the importance of seeking medical attention after a New Jersey injury.
What is the importance of seeking medical attention after an accident?
It is important to go to your doctor, the hospital, or an urgent care facility immediately after the accident occurs:
- Ensure your injuries are properly treated
- You should seek medical attention for your own health and safety. It is important to ensure that your injuries are treated by a medical professional to help ensure they heal properly.
- Provide you with a recovery plan
- Your doctor wants what is best for you. He or she will provide you with a recovery plan.
- Provide proof of the origin and extent of your injuries
- Going to the doctor can play a major role in a personal injury case. This is because the doctor can provide you with proof of the origin and extent of your injury.
- Failing to seek medical attention can hurt your case
- In the same way that seeking medical attention can help your case, failing to do so can hurt your case. Failing to seek medical attention can indicate that you were not injured enough to go to the doctor, which can make it much harder or even impossible to obtain compensation.
- Waiting too long can hurt your case
- Again, waiting to seek medical attention can make it seem like you were not seriously injured. This too can hurt your case.
- Insurance may require medical care
- In many cases, insurance adjusters will not provide you with compensation without medical proof of your injuries.
What is the statute of limitations in Maryland?
Another important step in recovering the compensation you deserve is to file your claim on time. There is a deadline known as a statute of limitations. In Maryland, the statute of limitations for a personal injury claim is typically three years from the date of the accident.
If you have been injured due to another party’s negligence, our firm is here to help. Contact us today to speak with an experienced and dedicated personal injury attorney.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED BALTIMORE COUNTY, MARYLAND FIRM
The legal team at Markey & Orsi has proudly represented injured clients throughout the state of Maryland for almost 30 years. If you have been injured due to another party’s negligence and require strong legal representation, contact Markey & Orsi today to schedule a consultation.