If you have been injured in a construction site accident, you must have a plan in place. Continue reading to learn the steps you should take following a construction site accident. For assistance filing a future claim to recover damages after your accident, give our experienced firm a call today.
What are the most common causes of construction accidents?
Unfortunately, construction accidents are most commonly caused by forms of negligence. Some of the most common causes of construction accidents include the following:
- Unsafe property conditions
- Negligent supervisors
- Defective construction equipment
What should I do if I am injured in a construction accident?
It is important to take the following steps after being involved in a construction accident to increase your chances of filing a successful claim in the future:
- Notify your supervisor of the injury. Be sure that your supervisor requests medical attention for your injuries.
- While you wait to be treated, if you can, take pictures of the unsafe conditions that caused your accident.
- Photograph your injuries.
- Collect any witnesses’ contact information including their name, phone number, and email address.
- As soon as the ambulance arrives, seek immediate medical treatment.
- Collect all relevant medical documentation.
- Retain the services of an experienced Maryland personal injury attorney who will work to satisfy the burden of proof to recover the compensation you require to heal.
How do I file a third-party claim?
If you have been injured in a construction site accident, you may want to look into filing a workers’ compensation claim. This will allow you to recover financial support until you are able to return to work. However, there are times where the benefits that you will receive through workers’ compensation do not cover the full cost of damages you have sustained.
If this is the case, you may want to file a third-party claim. A third-party claim allows you to take legal action against a liable third party for your damages including an independent contractor, property owner, or a negligent equipment manufacturer or designer. Filing a third-party lawsuit allows you to recover the compensation you deserve without having to take legal action against your employer.
If you require assistance with your claim, it is important that you retain the services of a skilled personal injury attorney who will walk you through the steps of the legal process ahead. Give our firm a call to schedule your initial consultation with our team. We are prepared to take on your case today.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED MARYLAND FIRM
The legal team at Markey & Orsi has proudly represented injured clients throughout the state of Maryland for almost 30 years. If you have been injured due to another party’s negligence and require strong legal representation, contact Markey & Orsi today to schedule a consultation.