Slip and fall accidents can occur anytime, anywhere. Unfortunately, they often result in serious injuries that can affect individuals for years, if not for life. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, there is a very good chance you may qualify for financial compensation. Please read on and reach out to our experienced Maryland personal injury attorneys to learn more about slip and fall accidents and how we can help you through every step of the claims process ahead. Here are some of the questions you may have:
What should I do if I slip, fall, and am injured on another person’s property?
If you are injured on another person’s property, whether at a relative’s house or on a sidewalk, parking lot, or otherwise, there are several steps you can take to maximize your chances of winning a personal injury claim. Those basic steps are as follows:
- First and foremost, you should call the police. They will send an ambulance to the scene of the accident who will transport you to a hospital for treatment.
- From here, you should take pictures of the unsafe condition that caused you to slip, fall, and sustain an injury.
- Next, you should ask anyone who saw your accident for their contact information, such as their phone number or email.
- Ask your doctor for all medical documentation detailing the origin and extent of your injuries.
- Give our experienced Maryland personal injury attorneys a call today. We can help you gather and present all the evidence needed to prove that a property owner knew, or should have reasonably known about the unsafe conditions, failed to take action to fix them, and that you were injured and sustained significant damages as a result.
What is the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Maryland?
The statute of limitations is a term used to describe the length of time individuals have to take legal action against another party. Since the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Maryland is, generally, three years, the wrongly injured generally have three years from the date of their accident to sue. Though you may wish to wait after your accident to see if your injuries heal on their own, we cannot advise you to do so, as the sooner you take legal action, the better. Give us a call today to learn more about what we can do for you.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED MARYLAND FIRM
The legal team at Markey & Orsi has proudly represented injured clients throughout the state of Maryland for almost 30 years. If you have been injured due to another party’s negligence and require strong legal representation, contact Markey & Orsi today to schedule a consultation.