Amusement parks are a great source of family fun, but they can also be dangerous. If rides are not properly assembled, a machine malfunctions, a park employee fails to pay close attention, or a park visitor acts negligently, serious accidents can occur. Read on to learn more about amusement park accidents in Maryland.
Common Amusement Park Accidents
Amusement park accidents can occur in a number of different ways. The most common accidents occur on rides and can include:
- Fatal injuries from falling out of rides
- Closed head injuries
- Drowning on water rides and slides
- Brain aneurysms
- Facial lacerations and fractures
- Heart attack
- Bone fractures
- Back injuries
- Torn ligaments
- Neck injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Compound fractures that require surgical repair
Proof of Negligence
If you were injured due to the negligence of another party, it is important to obtain proof. This may include:
- Taking pictures and videos at the scene of the accident and documenting the hazardous conditions that caused the accident to occur
- Obtaining the contact information of anyone who saw the accident occur
- Seeking medical attention in order to obtain proof of the origin and extent of your injuries
- Calling 911 so the police can file an accident report
- Contacting an experienced attorney who can help gather further evidence, including things like security camera footage, police reports, and more.
What is the Statute of Limitations?
If you are injured due to another party’s negligence, you may suffer physically, emotionally, and financially. There is a good chance that you deserve compensation for the burdens you face as a result of your accident. In order to recover the compensation you deserve, you will have to be sure to file your personal injury claim on time. In Maryland, the statute of limitations for a personal injury claim is generally three years from the date of the accident. This means that failing to file within three years will mean being barred from suing and subsequently losing your opportunity to recover the compensation you need and deserve.
If you have been injured at an amusement park, our firm is here to help. Reach out today to speak with an experienced and dedicated team of personal injury attorneys. We will advocate for you and walk you through the process every step of the way.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED MARYLAND FIRM
The legal team at Markey & Orsi has proudly represented injured clients throughout the state of Maryland for almost 30 years. If you have been injured due to another party’s negligence and require strong legal representation, contact Markey & Orsi today to schedule a consultation.