To learn more about your legal options after a supermarket accident in Maryland, continue reading and give our skilled Baltimore County supermarket accident attorneys a call today. Here are some questions you may have:
How do supermarket accidents occur?
There are a number of different ways that supermarket accidents occur, however, most of the time, they are a result of employee or manager negligence. Some of the most common causes of these accidents include the following:
- Loose produce or items falling from shelves
- Slip and fall accidents due to spills in aisles or restrooms poorly maintained
- Unsteady displays
- Defective automatic entrance and exit doors
- Rotten food left for unsuspecting customers to purchase or sample
- Trip and fall accidents, often due to poorly positioned (or missing) floor mats
How can I satisfy the burden of proof?
An accident can result in serious physical, financial, and emotional damage. Because of this, you may deserve compensation to help alleviate some of these hindrances. However, the best way to do so is by fulfilling the burden of proof. You can accomplish this by:
- Seeking medical attention: Your health and safety should be your main focus. Because of this, you should visit your doctor, the hospital, or an urgent care facility right after the accident happens. It is essential that you see a doctor, even if you do not think you have been severely hurt. This will guarantee that your injuries are properly treated by a medical professional, while also providing you with proof of the source and scope of your injuries.
- Notifying the manager: It is essential that you inform the manager as soon as an accident occurs. This will allow him or her to file an accident report. If you are able to, obtain a copy of this information.
- Document the scene: Take pictures and videos of the dangerous conditions resulting from your accident.
- Obtain witness contacts: If anyone witnessed your accident happen, they may be able to provide important witness testimony. Be sure to ask for their names and contact information.
If you have been hurt in a supermarket accident, our firm is on your side. Give us a call today to examine the specifics of your case and your options.
What is the statute of limitations for premises liability claims in Maryland?
If you would like to seek legal action for your supermarket accident, you will want to act as quickly as possible. This is because, in Maryland, there is a deadline known as the statute of limitations, In Maryland, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is typically three years from the date of the accident. If you fail to file within three years will likely result in you losing your chance to recover the compensation you need to heal and move forward. To avoid missing important deadlines, give our legal team a call today. We are on your side.