Supermarket Accident Attorneys with Offices in Towson and Forest Hill, MD
Going to the supermarket isn’t typically seen as a dangerous activity. It is usually viewed as a chore that has to be done a couple of times a week and the biggest concern is what you forgot to get while you were there. That being said, there are a lot of risks of going to the grocery store. In fact, supermarket accidents happen all the time. These accidents can often be attributed to the negligence of supermarket management and staff who failed to ensure that there were no hazards that shoppers could be injured by. If you are the victim of a Maryland supermarket accident, it is important to consult with an attorney that can fight on your behalf to recover compensation for the burdens that you have faced. Markey & Orsi is here to help. Contact our firm today for strong legal representation that has proudly served Baltimore County for nearly 30 years.
Types of Supermarket Accidents in Maryland
If employees or management in a supermarket are not taking the necessary steps to ensure there are no dangers lurking within the store, customers and delivery workers can become seriously injured. It is the responsibility of staff to ensure that all potential hazards are remedied in a timely manner. There are a number of different ways that an individual can become injured in a supermarket, some of which include the following:
- Falling product displays
- Trip and falls
- Slip and falls on spilled liquids or leaking freezers
- Broken shopping carts
Fulfilling the Burden of Proof in a Supermarket Accident
When an individual is injured in an accident caused by the negligence of another party, they may want to take legal action against them. A successful lawsuit requires that the victim provides evidence that the supermarket was negligent in maintaining a safe premise for everyone to be on. There are a number of ways that an injured party can fulfill the burden of proof. Of course, it is best to start the documentation process immediately when the accident occurs to ensure that the most accurate evidence is obtained. Some of the ways to preserve evidence after a supermarket accident include the following:
- Take pictures and video of the conditions that caused you to become injured as soon as possible. This is arguably one of the most important steps after an accident because spills or leaks can be cleaned up quickly.
- Notify management before leaving the store so they can write up an accident report. If the manager did not know that an accident occurred, it may hurt your case. Be sure to write down the manager’s name and try to obtain a copy of their accident report.
- If there were any witnesses to the accident, be sure to obtain their contact information because they may be able to help support your claim if necessary.
- It is also important to seek medical attention at either the emergency room, with your own doctor immediately, or at an urgent care facility because a doctor will be able to document all of your injuries. This can be crucial when trying to recover damages.
Contact a Baltimore County Injury Attorney
If you have been the victim of a supermarket accident in Baltimore County, it is important to consult with a skilled personal injury attorney. The legal team at Markey & Orsi has nearly 30 years of experience providing quality legal services to the victims of Maryland supermarket accidents. Contact our firm today to discuss your case.