There are few things more devastating than being involved in a serious accident. If you have recently been injured, you are most likely looking to hire an experienced Maryland personal injury attorney who has what it takes to help you heal. That being said, one of the most important parts of the personal injury claims process is the initial consultation. In this consultation, you will have to familiarize your attorney with your case so he or she can best approach it to win you the compensation you deserve. Please continue reading and speak with our knowledgeable Maryland personal injury attorneys today to learn more about our first meeting and how we can help you. Here are some of the questions you may have:
What should I bring to my initial consultation with a personal injury attorney?
Some of the most important types of documentation and evidence you should present to your personal injury attorney are as follows:
- A written statement of the events leading up to and causing your accident.
- Videos of the accident or photographs of your injuries/any damage to your vehicle/property.
- A copy of the police report documented at the scene of your accident.
- Any witness contact information, such as their emails or phone numbers. They may corroborate your claim at a later date.
- Medical documentation detailing the origin and extent of your injuries, as well as any receipts of expenses relating to your injuries, such as medical bills.
- Your insurance information, such as health insurance, car insurance (if you were involved in a car accident) and any other insurance info your attorney deems relevant.
- Any communication you had with the other party or their insurance company, such as email correspondences.
What will my attorney need to know?
Your attorney will need to know several things about your particular case to fully establish the big picture. Some of those things are as follows:
- The doctor’s prognosis of your injuries, detailing how they affect your daily life.
- Whether this was your first accident/lawsuit filed against another party.
- Whether you have reached out to any other lawyers or insurance representatives regarding your accident.
- Whether you provided your insurance company with a statement about the incident.
If you believe you were wrongly injured in an accident, we are here to help fight for the compensation you need to get back on your feet again. Give us a call today so we can get started.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED MARYLAND FIRM
The legal team at Markey & Orsi has proudly represented injured clients throughout the state of Maryland for almost 30 years. If you have been injured due to another party’s negligence and require strong legal representation, contact Markey & Orsi today to schedule a consultation.