If you were injured in a swimming pool as a result of another’s negligence, you may be entitled to financial compensation. Continue reading and give our skilled Baltimore County slip and fall lawyers a call today.
What are ways that I can keep my swimming pool safe?
There are a number of ways that injuries can occur in a swimming pool. As a result, it is important that as a pool owner, you do whatever you can to keep your premises safe. You can accomplish this by doing the following:
- Make sure that all guests are able to swim property if the pool is too deep for guests to stand comfortably in the water
- Do not allow electronic devices near the pool
- Be sure that there is proper covers, alarms, barrier, and fencing surrounding the pool
- Ensure the pool has drain covers
- When the pool is not in use, stow away portable latter to avoid children from having access to the pool
- Be sure that everyone swimming understands where the shallow parts of the pool start and stop
- Never leave a child unattended in or around the water
- Have someone on the property who can perform CPR if necessary
- Do not swim while intoxicated
What steps should I take if there was a swimming pool injury?
Most pool accidents happen as a result of pool owner negligence. If you or a loved one has been hurt because of another party’s negligence, you will want to take the following measures:
- Call 911
- The police can dispatch an ambulance to the scene, file an accident report, and more.
- Seek medical attention
- It is important to seek medical attention as soon as possible after the accident. This will make sure that your injuries are adequately treated while also providing you with important proof of the origin and extent of your injuries. Be sure to ask your doctor for a copy of any applicable medical documents, because this may be an important part of the evidence presented in a personal injury case.
- Document the scene
- Before going to the hospital, be sure to take plenty of photos and videos of the dangerous conditions that caused your accident to occur.
- Obtain witness contacts
- If anyone saw the accident occur, they may be able to supply important witness testimony.
- Contact an attorney
- A skilled personal injury attorney can help you satisfy the burden of proof and retrieve the compensation you need and deserve to move forward.
It is in your best interest to reach out to our firm today if you have been hurt as a result of another party’s negligence. Give us a call today to get started.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED BALTIMORE COUNTY, MARYLAND FIRM
If you have been injured due to another party’s negligence and require strong legal representation, contact Markey & Orsi today to schedule a consultation.