Car accident reconstruction may be used to help determine fault when it comes to a car accident. This can be an incredibly important aspect of your personal injury case. If you are injured due to another party’s negligence, you may be entitled to recover compensation. But, in order to recover the compensation you deserve, you will have to prove that this negligence occurred. Read on to learn more about car accident reconstruction and how it can help you.
What is Accident Reconstruction?
Car accident reconstruction is performed by an expert in order to determine how an accident was caused and what happened at the moment of collision. This may be done by:
- Visiting the scene of the accident
- Inspecting the damage done to all vehicles
- Reviewing any medical records of injured parties
- Studying the police report
- Examining pictures/videos of the accident/scene
- Interviewing witnesses
- Studying debris, point of impact, skid marks, etc
Do I Need a Car Accident Reconstruction?
It is important to know that not every car accident trial will require accident reconstruction. Some cases are more complicated than others. You may benefit from accident reconstruction under some of the following circumstances:
- You do not remember how the accident happened
- There are few or no witnesses
- The vehicles are totaled and cannot be repaired
- It is complicated to prove liability
- Victims suffered severe injuries or died
- Pieces of important evidence are missing
How Can Accident Reconstruction Help My Case?
Car accident reconstruction can help your personal injury case in a number of important ways. When an expert performs an accident reconstruction, he or she may be able to determine:
- The vehicle speeds and movements
- The crash scene physics
- The accident sequence of events
- The vehicle positions
- The magnitude of impact
- If those involved were wearing seat belts
- If visibility was an issue and why
- If vehicle lights were used
- Steering angles
- If brakes were used leading up to the crash
- If a vehicle accelerated before collision
- If engine indicator lights went on
- If cruise control was engaged
If you have been injured in a car accident in California, you will need the help of an experienced and dedicated personal injury attorney. Contact our firm today to discuss your case.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED MARYLAND FIRM
The legal team at Markey & Orsi has proudly represented injured clients throughout the state of Maryland for almost 30 years. If you have been injured due to another party’s negligence and require strong legal representation, contact Markey & Orsi today to schedule a consultation.